Overview of BDI3000 and BDI2000
Abatron supply the BDI3000 and BDI2000 JTAG and BDM based debug connections that connect to your PC via Ethernet. Debuggers supported include GDB, XRAY, VxWorks, to name a few and targets supported include CPU12, CPU16, CPU32/32+, PowerPC, ColdFire, M-CORE, ARM, XScale, MIPS32 and MIPS64
BDI1000 & BDI2000
The increasing complexity of today's software and hardware designs has lead to some fresh approaches to debugging. Silicon manufacturers offer more and more on-chip debugging features for emulation of new processors. This capability, implemented in various processors under such names as Background Debug Mode (BDM), JTAG and on-chip emulation, puts basic debugging functions on the chip itself. With a BDM or JTAG debug port, you control and monitor the microcontroller solely through the stable on-chip debugging services. This debugging mode runs even when the target system crashes and enables developers to continue investigating the cause of the crash. You won't waste time and target resources with a software ROM monitor and you eliminate the cabling problems typical of ICEs.
Capitalising on this technology, Abatron offers a range of economical and effective development tools for the built-in BDM and JTAG interface of the following processors:
CPU12, CPU16, CPU32/32+, PowerPC, ColdFire, M-CORE, ARM, XScale, MIPS32 and MIPS64.
Supports Debuggers from leading Vendors
Abatron's tools offer a comprehensive support for debuggers from leading vendors. These tools are based on the BDM/JTAG interfaces BDI1000, BDI2000 and BDI3000. See below for a complete list of processors and debuggers supported.
In most cases, the BDI family and the associated software packages eliminates the need for expensive hardware like an in-circuit emulator. BDI1000 and BDI2000 allow communication via RS232 or 10 BASE-T Ethernet between the development computer and the BDM or JTAG interface of the target system. BDI3000 also supports 100 BASE-T Ethernet for download speeds of up to 1500 KBytes/s.
Features & Performance
- BDM support for CPU12/16/32/32+, MPC5xx/MPC8xx and ColdFire
- JTAG support for PowerPC, M-CORE, ARM7/9/9e, ARM11, XScale, MIPS32/64
- Host communication via RS232 and Ethernet
- Program download speed up to 340 Kbytes/s
- Target communication speed up to 16 Mbit/s
- Supports target system voltages from 1.8 - 5 V
- Supports debuggers from leading vendors
- Same hardware for all supported targets and debuggers
- High-speed flash memory on-board programming with software bdiPro
- Library available for BDM/JTAG accesses from within own programs
- Robust EMC-optimised design
- 3 years hardware warranty