|HI-TECH PICC-18™ STD
is tightly tuned to the PIC18 architecture, it allows firmware
development in a fraction of the time, but with no greater use of RAM
or ROM, required for conventional assembly language programming.
PICC-18 STDis the latest in a long
line of PICmicro compilers from HI-TECH Software, delivering unrivalled code density
combined with excellent reliability. Tightly tuned to the PIC18 architecture, it allows
firmware development in a fraction of the time, but with no greater use of RAM or ROM,
required for conventional assembly language programming.
Features of the compiler include:
- ANSI C - full featured and portable
- Efficient - equals or betters hand-written assembler code
- Reliable - mature, field-proven technology
- Modular - includes full object code linker and library manager
- Cost-effective - productivity gains rapidly repay purchase cost
- Compatible - integrates into the MPLAB-IDE, MPLAB-ICE and most 3rd-party development
- Library source - for standard libraries and sample code for I/O drivers
- Complete - includes macro assembler, preprocessor and one-step driver
HI-TECH PICC-18 STD allows you to concentrate on developing your application, and
eliminates much of the detailed, low-level coding effort. Our commitment to quality
customer service ensures that you will have access to timely, accurate technical support
PICC-18 STD is constantly updated to support new PICmicro devices as they become available,
and the ANSI C basis of the compiler protects your code investment.
Embedded Development Environment
HI-TIDE 3, a powerful development environment including full project management, a flexible
editor and a fast, accurate simulator, provides a fully-featured front end to the PICC-18
Optionally, the compiler may be run directly from the command line, allowing you to
compile, assemble and link using one command. This enables the compiler to be integrated
into third party development environments, such as the MPLAB-IDE from Microchip
PICC-18 STD is fully supported in the MPLAB-IDE as a standard toolset.
The PICC-18 compiler supports all currently available Microchip PIC18 series
microcontrollers. A full list can be found here >>>
The compiler is supplied on CD-ROM, with an installation guide, and the main manual on the
CD-ROM in PDF (Acrobat) and HTML formats. If you require a printed manual, it can be
ordered at the same time as the compiler.